3/10/2011

hello again

So keeping a blog is something i would like to do. I got myself this URL/blog name (which i like for weird/confusing reasons...it's a pun on an old Vanity Fair article about Kimora Lee Simmons, who i dont really like, as well as ironic because i do, in fact, always try to 'bare' my fabulosity) ...here we go.

This is me.


I really love that scarf. I paid something like 40 dollars for it at urban outfitters. That was at least three or four years ago and i still love it and wear it all the time.
Good for me.
Goal for future: post every picture i can find of me wearing that scarf. Won't you loooove that.






I love being in new places. Unanticipated and previously-never-thought-of places. This is what traveling is, but you can discover this in places that are very close to where you go every day- you just have to try, and not ever underestimate Earth. In this photo I am at Lake Isabella, northeast of Bakersfield (Armpitsville) CA. It was a beautiful day.



You know what has two thumbs and is also beautiful?
This guy.








He's pretty much the cutest, smartest, sweetest, funniest, patient-est, best guy for me ever.
I'm allowed to say that because we have been together a year and a half (not two minutes) and i still think that.
He likes to run around and go climbing, and i like that. He likes to listen, and i like to talk.



When he talks to people in his native language (Farsi aka Persian, he is from Iran) i like to listen. I used to feel like it was a little weird that my boyfriend's first language...the language that was in his head originally...was a different language than English, but now i think it's cool.
And i know how to say, Hi, How are you, I'm good, and Bye, in Farsi. (How inventive are anyone's conversations with their mom?)



This is my view every day from my office:

(well, in the fall, at least.)
My job has advantages and disadvantages, but most importantly, it has provided incredible opportunities to me. Because i work here, I can manage an office, plan and pull off big policy events, give 25 minute presentations, use a scanner, and i understand a good deal about how policies
are made. That's really good. I won't have to learn those things later, and I wont ever think those things are 'easy.'



When I stay late, this is my view:















My two bestest girl friends:

Alison and Xandi.















I have wondered before what i would be like - how different i would be- if i hadn't ALWAYS had some one to talk to. I definitely am the person i am because of that.


Okay, what else can i tell you that doesn't require me to upload and drag around any more photos?

I am moving to New York City in approximately two months to begin a Master's program at Columbia University. My sister Sarah gets married a week after the program starts!...that will be a crazy time.

Two (Not-So?) Secrets: I am always afraid i will mess up the whole getting-on getting-off the escalator thing. And i don't ever want to give up my ideals or settle.

1 comment:

  1. now i have something to link to when i talk about you in my blog posts. hooray! also, i had not seen the photo of us at sasha yet. <3

    ReplyDelete