4/14/2011

Missing

I've been missing this little blog. Not rational, I suppose; I've been telling myself "you just started doing that, how can you feel so bad about not posting for a month?" But I have been. Other things I miss:

1 boyfriend

2 girl friends

3-5 yoga classes a week (although ironically I came straight home from work today partially so that I could write a post before I was too tired)

6+ People I haven't seen or heard from in way too long. (Usually I am the type not to mind too much when I fall out of contact with someone...but before, those someones were people I'd known from school or something...now, the people I haven't seen are ones who are very far away.)

21 teeth without ceramic brackets on them. (I got braces again in November, so that my front tooth will straighten up, so that I can get a dental implant next to it. It's not too terrible, I'm being whiny. See below a picture of me, yesterday, feeling wonderful and cute and like my insides had been twisted like a wrung-out towel--this happens to be a good feeling--, post yoga...and I was feeling like for once, I didn't feel ugly with braces on:




















(Last week I spoke at a press conference at the Sacramento Capitol on behalf of the New America Foundation. Women with braces -and fabulous shoes- unite!)

I'm going to miss the boyfriend, the girlfriends, and the yoga place (Fusion Yoga Studio) when I move to New York in about a month. I won't miss the braces though, I'm bringin' those babies with me, unfortunately.

I apparently will never have a reason to miss parentheses. Is this a universal brace for my generation, or is it just me?

2 comments:

  1. I, too, will never have a reason to miss parentheses. (They're pretty much indispensable, no?)

    ReplyDelete