10/27/2011

I'm in for it

Look:



And it's only October. I am planning to go out on Saturday for Halloween...I got a knee-length black puffy coat just in time. 

I am dressing up: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I fell in love with Lisbeth Salander of the Millenium series. She's one of my biggest onscreen inspirations. She's brilliant, fierce, and tenacious. She's been brutalized in every way possible but is not a victim. 

And when she's on trial, wrongly accused of being insane and sociopathic, this is how she walks into the courtroom:


Then she proceeds to calmly blast dragon-sized holes in the abusive lies brought against her (by corrupt secret government agencies protecting ex-Soviet informers, of course, being that this incredible character is the anchor to a thriller series.) It's incredibly satisfying to see this person face their tormentors bravely, justly, without changing anything about herself because of what other people think. She's a big girl's role model.  It's funny- the only other powerful mainstream female character that is a role model to me for the same reason is Elle Woods: 


Maybe next year! (Oooh- And maybe next year I will have a puppy too!)

Anyway, the sad thing for me is that my hair is too long to get it into a mohawk. I tried last night, using industrial grade products, and it's not happening. I could cut my hair. But then, it's supposed to snow and rain, and I'm going to bars in Brooklyn. So I might just wear the rest of the costume. Plus the coat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment